Free Training for Louisiana Registrars
LTR’s FLccSC Training Materials:
FREE CEs are available to all state reporters via LTR’s E-Learning system, FLccSC. Please visit the LTR Website and click on the FLccSC logo to view the short instructional video that provides access & user info. *Registration is required for access.
To see if it is available in your area, contact your LTR Regional Coordinator.
Please complete the NAACCR Webinar Series & Request Form
*All recorded viewing participants must follow LTR’s Procedure for Receiving CE Credit for Recorded NAACCR Webinar Viewing in order to receive credit from NCRA.
2021-2023 NEW FLccSC Courses Added:
Several NEW courses have been added to FLccSC. The newly added courses include: (*these webinars in particular contain extremely important information.)
NAACCR 2021-2022 Webinar Series:
- DATA ITEM RELATIONSHIPS 2022**
- BACK TO THE FUTURE – What Year Is It, and What Did I Miss? *CoC Standards Compliance
- SOLID TUMOR RULES
- CODING PITFALLS 2022**
NAACCR 2022-2023 Webinar Series:
- BREAST – Part 1 & 2**
- HEAD & NECK
- DATA ITEM RELATIONSHIPS 2023**
- BOOT CAMP 2023
- PROSTATE 2023
- LOWER GI 2023 – Part 1 *Newly Added
NAACCR Update Implementation Webinars:
- v23 Update: ICD O, Solid Tumor Rules, SSDI**
- Cancer PathCHART: CANCER Pathology Coding Histology & Registration Terminology
*As a reminder, LTR’s FLccSC training materials, which provide FREE CEUs where indicated, are available FREE to all state reporters who submit cases to the LTR. If you have not registered for FLccSC and would like more information, please visit the LTR Website, and click on the FLccSC logo to view a short instructional access video. Happy viewing!
Online training platform for current, new, and/or prospective cancer registry professionals provides FREE training to assist you in the following:
- Preparing for the CTR Exam
- Earning Continuing Education Credits (CEs) by scoring a minimum of 70% on all case coding exercises in a site group.
*You may retake coding exercises as many times as necessary.
- Learning NEW coding schemes and guidelines by training on real-life case scenarios
- Helps improve individual performance and increase your facility’s data quality
- System requirements include a computer using the web browser Mozilla Firefox
New content is added quarterly. Current and future content include:
- Medical Terminology
- Computer Principles
- Commission on Cancer Standards
- Real-life case scenarios using CSv02.05
- Practice cases for the 2014 Hematopoietic & Lymphoid Database and Manual
- Cancer Program Management Principles and Practices textbook (April 2014)
- Anatomy (July 2014)
Sign up at SEER*Educate today and start learning by doing! Get started now with a demonstration exercise. Everyone who signs up will be notified quarterly about the release of new content.
SEER*Educate is funded by the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) of the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
CTR Certification Information
In preparation for the exam, please access the NCRA websites listed below. The main website contains current exam dates, as well as important information on documents used in preparing for the exam including what editions of the FORDS, SPCSM, CS, AJCC, and CoC Standards, will be included on the exam. The CTR exam testing centers are also listed as well.
Words of Wisdom for our CTRs:
“The well prepared create their own luck and resultant success; while those that fail to prepare, only prepare to fail.”
Lisa A.Pareti, BS, RHIT, CTR | LCRA Education Chair
“Recipe for successful passing of the CTR exam: study while others are sleeping, work while others are loafing, prepare while others are playing, and dream while others are wishing.”
William A. Ward
CTR Certification Exam Scholarship
LCRA awards one scholarship to a member in good standing who is eligible to sit for the exam through the Gail Beebower Scholarship Fund. The stipend is provided for the certification exam fee only. Recipients cannot have any other source of test fee funding or reimbursement for taking the exam. The scholarship will be granted only once to each recipient. For more information, please click on the scholarship form below.
LCRA Scholarship Application Form
Those members wishing to contribute to the fund can contact Lisa Pareti at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.