Parallon/HCA | Certified Tumor Registrar
This is a 100% work-from-home position with flexible hours. Parallon, a subsidiary of HCA, will provide you with office equipment (computer, dual monitors, headset). Benefits such as medical insurance, 401k, etc. are great! If interested, apply with us today!
For more information, contact Amanda Lemons, RHIA, CTR @ email@example.com.
Apply Here –> Cancer Tumor Registry Data Abstractor
LSU Health/SPH Louisiana Tumor Registry | Certified Tumor Registrar
This position is required for registry routine operations and supported by federal funding from the NCI-SEER Program and CDC-NPCR Program. This person will perform the duties of casefinding, abstracting, editing and consolidation independently. This position is for a candidate who has one year of experience as a Certified Cancer Registrar (CTR) involving the use of medical terminology preferable in a cancer registry or medical record work. This person will have the following responsibilities:
- Screening pathology, radiology reports, and other clinical documents to determine the reportability of cases
- Investigate potentially reportable cases identified from disease indices
- Perform case abstraction by reviewing medical records and translate clinical information into standard codes
- Examine text and codes abstracted by regional and hospital abstractors to consolidate information from multiple source records into consolidated records
- Identify and resolve errors in the text and codes from the source records and correct them in the consolidated records
- Follow back to healthcare facilities for missing/inconsistent data and verifying reportability
Bachelor’s degree + one-year experience as a CTR & Working experience with a central cancer registry.
Apply Here –> Certified Tumor Registrar
LSU Health/SPH Louisiana Tumor Registry | Medical Records Administrator (Assistant Tumor Registrar)
This Louisiana Tumor Registry (LTR) position is required for registry routine operations and supported by federal funding from the NCI-SEER Program and the CDC-NPCR Program. This pre-CTR position is for a candidate with RHIA who has training in health information management, medical terminology, and health information coding, which are prerequisites to be trained to become a CTR. Given the complexity of abstracting and coding cancer cases and the requirement for accuracy of cancer data, this person will not be given work that only CTRs can do before finishing all the mandatory training. This person will be given some real cases to abstract under supervision as part of the training and will also perform some basic registry work, after less intensive training, such as screening pathology reports to identify reporting cases and processing and cleaning data. This person will also obtain all mandatory registry-directed training as needed to perform the duties below:
- Screen pathology, radiology reports, and other clinical documents to determine the reportability of the cases.
- Investigate potentially reportable cases identified and follow-back to healthcare facilities to determine the reportability.
- Participate in data processing and cleaning.
- Correct abstracting and coding errors identified by the trainer or the LTR quality assurance team.
- Create short health records by entering data from hard copies of clinical documents.
- Review patient addresses and demographic fields and follow back to facilities for missing/inconsistent demographic data.
- Perform case abstraction by reviewing medical records and translate clinical information into standard codes to record diagnosis, tumor characteristics, staging, and treatment, involving in writing a summary in the text to support the codes for a few types of cancers under supervision.
Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management or related field + 1-3 years experience in medical records
*Preference: Working with a cancer registry as an abstractor, editor, coder, or pathology report reviewer.